Taking a page out of a handful of personal blogs i (used to) read regularly, i created this “starting” page for new readers.
I find these types of pages refreshing and very useful in understanding better the author—personally, as well as, their writing style and voice—due to the list being reflectively curated; an intimate, non-random selection that speaks truthfully.
And, as you’ll find out below, if you read this litany, i love and encourage—yearn for, even—truth and transparency. Here goes it:
What is Mental Ephemera?
- thoughts of self: conventions of naming
- the Proust questionnaire
- my individualist manifesto—a personal declaration
- skin and bones
- Autodidacticism, hello friend
- marriage name-taking: a patriarchal anachronism
- i choose deaf
- friends are good
- Individuals have power, too—not just gods
- noshing of Sacred Cows: a tirade, of sorts
- slow dancing in a burning room
- essential ingredients to breaking and forming habits
- Finding that Writing Sweet Spot
- letting go of the reigns