Taking a page out of an handful of personal blogs i (used to) read regularly, i have created this “starting” page for new readers. I found these types of pages refreshing and very useful in understanding better the author—personally, as well as their writing style and voice—due to the list being reflectively curated, an intimate, non-random selection that spoke truthfully.
And, as you’ll find out below, if you read this litany, i love and encourage—yearn for even—truth and transparency. Here goes it:
What is Mental Ephemera?
Society & Culture
What makes me tick?
- thoughts of self: conventions of naming
- the Proust questionnaire
- my individualist manifesto—a personal declaration
- skin and bones
- Autodidacticism, hello friend
- marriage name-taking: a patriarchal anachronism
- i choose deaf
- friends are good
Of Gods & Mortals, Life & Mortality
- Individuals have power, too—not just gods
- noshing of Sacred Cows: a tirade, of sorts
- slow dancing in a burning room
Outside Influences Should Check Out—Or, Probably Must Check
Tips for Life, Augmenting or Learning Skills
- essential ingredients to breaking and forming habits
- Finding that Writing Sweet Spot
- letting go of the reigns